Sunday, August 21, 2011

Featured Member: Joliejye

 
1. What is your shop name?
My shop on Etsy is called JolieJye, my brand is Jye.

2. How did you first get started in your craft?
I've started crafting since I was young, I am a self-taught artist and I always enjoyed giving a second life to vintage, or creating with inspiration from the past.

3. What inspires you?
I love the pin-ups and feminine atmosphere, especially vintage fabrics like silk or lace. I am also a big fan of the Japanese vintage fabrics, which were used for kimonos. For the moment I’m in the mood for making origami barrettes, brooches, and earrings with silk.

 

4. What are your favorite color combinations?
My favorite color combination is light pink and ivory white.

5. What is your favorite item from your shop?
It's hard to choose since every creation from my shop is unique and fully hand-made by me. These are like my babies!
I can choose my light pink and white silk headband, because of the knot, because of the silk, and the color combination.


6. If you had to use three words to describe yourself, what would it be?
Unique, romantic, dreaming.

7. What superpower would you most like to have?
I've never thought about that. I would love to be very strong to protect people I love.

8. What is the first thing you remember creating?
Some dresses for my dolls.

9. If you could choose any era/decade to live in, when would that be? Why?
I love the technology of our century, but I hate people's selfishness. Maybe the beginning of the 1900's would fit to me but I dislike the way women were handled. It's only now that we can pretend to live as equal as men. It's a shame!

10. Where can we find you? (website, blog, etc.)
My etsy shop is here : www.etsy.com/shop/Joliejye
I have also a shop on a French website : www.alittlemarket.com/boutique/joliejye
My blog (about my two passions : cooking and fashion) is : joliejye.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm happy to be featured on the Retro Hand made team blog !!

:)

- JolieJye
Eco-friendly fashion & food
http://joliejye.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Joliejye

BeadRee said...

Such lovely creations!

Shanno's Country Chic said...

Hi Hon...Thank you for stopping by and commenting! So very kind of you! I'm a new Follower of yours, as of today! Love your Etsy Shop...just beautiful!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin