Sunday, April 17, 2011
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
1. What is your shop name?
My shop name is designedbyDiana
2. How did you first get started in your craft?
Well I’ve been crafting forever it seems like. But I really got into sewing a few years back when my parents got me a sewing machine for my birthday. I was never really taught to sew (my grandmother is a seamstress, so I say that sewing is in my genes), but I just picked it up and started making things. I made a purse and took it to work and sold it that same day. That’s when designed by Diana really began.
3. What inspires you?
So many things: bright fun fabrics, great mod looking patterns, the 50s and 60s aesthetic, mid-century mod, the show Mad Men, old school pinup girls
4. What are your favorite color combinations?
I love teal and red. And I’m really loving grey and yellow together too.
5. What is your favorite item from your shop?
My favorite items are the Retro D Aprons. They are the hardest item in my shop to make, but are so cute. I love that they look like a dress when you wear them.
6. If you had to use three words to describe yourself, what would it be?
Creative, friendly and fun
7. What superpower would you most like to have?
The ability to stop or slow down time. That way I would have more time to make stuff for my shop!
8. What is the first thing you remember creating?
The first thing I remember making was a blanket with gonzo on it for my little brother before he was born. I painted it with some old school paint tubes. I must have been about 5 or 6.
9. If you could choose any era/decade to live in, when would that be? Why?
I would love to live in the early 60s. The fashion, the hair, the style, the british invasion… so cool!
10. Where can we find you? (website, blog, etc.)
You can find me at my website: designedbyDiana.com
On my blog: designedbyDiana.blogspot.com
On facebook: www.facebook.com/designedbyDiana
And twitter: twitter.com/#!/designedbyD
And of course Etsy!: www.etsy.com/shop/designedbyDiana