Retro Handmade is a group of Etsy sellers who specialize in handmade vintage-inspired items that resemble things from the past or create things that have retro vibe. Please view our team profile for more information about us.
1. What is your shop name? My shop name is Happy Heartbreaker Boutique (it is technically a division of my main shop, Sweet-E Pie & Babycakes).
2. How did you first get started in your craft? How did I get started in my craft? Hmmm, my mom tells me that I've been making stuff out of anything I could find ever since I was a little kid. As far as sewing goes, I've been sewing acessories such as purses and baby gifts/clothing for a while, but this is my first real foray into sewing adult clothing.
3. What inspires you? EVERYTHING inspires me! Stores I go to, songs I hear on the radio, even something as random as what I've read in a book! I'm constantly looking for inspiration in the little things - you never know what might hit you in the most random of situations.
4. What are your favorite color combinations? Color combinations depend on what I'm making, to be honest. I like the look of white, green, and brown. I tend to use that combination a lot in my children's items.
5. What is your favorite item from your shop? My favorite item from my shop actually still exists only in my imagination! It is a really cute fitted 1950s style dress - you'll have to stay tuned to see it! (My whole line is still technically stuck in my brain, except for a few accessories. I hope to have it out by the end of April.)
6. If you had to use three words to describe yourself, what would it be? Silly, Creative, and Hard-working :D
7. What superpower would you most like to have? Oh my goodness, I SO wish I could fly! That would be the absolute COOLEST thing EVER! Even if I am afraid of heights :P
8. What is the first thing you remember creating? The first thing I remember "creating" was a fort out of a cardboard box with a bookrest so I could sit in there and read without my arms getting tired. I was quite the little nerd...
9. If you could choose any era/decade to live in, when would that be? Why? I enjoy many different eras of history, like the Victorian or Napoleonic eras. But if I absolutely HAD to choose, I would pick my grandmother's generation. She was born in 1912 - saw the Roaring 20s, the Great Depression, the 40s War Era, Big Band/Swing Music, the 50s and 60s - such an amazing time in history, full of culture and personality.