Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Featured Member: HappyHeartbreaker

1. What is your shop name?
My shop name is Happy Heartbreaker Boutique (it is technically a division of my main shop, Sweet-E Pie & Babycakes).

2. How did you first get started in your craft?
How did I get started in my craft? Hmmm, my mom tells me that I've been making stuff out of anything I could find ever since I was a little kid. As far as sewing goes, I've been sewing acessories such as purses and baby gifts/clothing for a while, but this is my first real foray into sewing adult clothing.

3. What inspires you?
EVERYTHING inspires me! Stores I go to, songs I hear on the radio, even something as random as what I've read in a book! I'm constantly looking for inspiration in the little things - you never know what might hit you in the most random of situations.

4. What are your favorite color combinations?
Color combinations depend on what I'm making, to be honest. I like the look of white, green, and brown. I tend to use that combination a lot in my children's items.

5. What is your favorite item from your shop?  
My favorite item from my shop actually still exists only in my imagination! It is a really cute fitted 1950s style dress - you'll have to stay tuned to see it! (My whole line is still technically stuck in my brain, except for a few accessories. I hope to have it out by the end of April.)


6. If you had to use three words to describe yourself, what would it be?  
Silly, Creative, and Hard-working :D

7. What superpower would you most like to have? 
Oh my goodness, I SO wish I could fly! That would be the absolute COOLEST thing EVER! Even if I am afraid of heights :P

8. What is the first thing you remember creating?
The first thing I remember "creating" was a fort out of a cardboard box with a bookrest so I could sit in there and read without my arms getting tired. I was quite the little nerd...

9. If you could choose any era/decade to live in, when would that be? Why?  
I enjoy many different eras of history, like the Victorian or Napoleonic eras. But if I absolutely HAD to choose, I would pick my grandmother's generation. She was born in 1912 - saw the Roaring 20s, the Great Depression, the 40s War Era, Big Band/Swing Music, the 50s and 60s - such an amazing time in history, full of culture and personality.


10. Where can we find you? (website, blog, etc.) 

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin