Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Featured Member: 3dDoodles

 
1. What is your shop name? 3Ddoodles

2. How did you first get started in your craft?

I started making my own jewelry off and on during the 1980s as a general response to finding things that I liked but that didn't fit.

3. What inspires you?
I draw inspiration from a lot of sources, Art Deco type forms, Celtic lettering,
Natural forms, and to a certain extent the materials themselves. I tell folks that the materials speak to me, and when I find the grouping that feels right, I go ahead and make the piece. Of course, when I'm wrong, I re-work the piece until I'm satisfied.

4. What are your favorite color combinations?
Teal and aqua blues paired with gold or silver
Sky blues paired with white
Reds paired with gold and/or black
Greens paired with gold or black
black paired with gold, greay or silver.


5. What is your favorite item from your shop?
Wow, that 's not easy as i have a lot of favorites. but here's a link to one
www.etsy.com/listing/49285140/necklace-black-grey

6. If you had to use three words to describe yourself, what would it be?
Kind, fair, perfectionist

7. What superpower would you most like to have?
I'd love to be able to change shape into any animal. Flying would be so great.

8. What is the first thing you remember creating?
That would have to be the alligator from a stick found on the playground, when I was in 4th grade. Given that I was doing this during an after-school detention, neither the teacher nor my classmates were too happy with the effort.

9. If you could choose any era/decade to live in, when would that be? Why?
I think the Roaring 20's would be a prime time for me to live in. Art Deco was the rage, there was a lot of flash and it was OK to smoke and drink and dance.

10. Where can we find you? (website, blog, etc.)
I'm here on Etsy and on Artfire and Facebook. I'm not real comfortable with blogging; I'd rather create in my limited time.

Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/3dDoodles
Artfire: www.artfire.com/users/3ddoodles
Facebook: www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/3ddoodlesartfirecom/217433148279871

As I need at least 24 more likes on my Facebook page, I'm giving away a pair of earrings in a drawing when I reach the magic number. 

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin