Friday, July 1, 2011

Featured Member: Libunnyfoofoo


1. What is your shop name? My name is libunnyfoofoo but my shop's name is Headstrong Headwear. I named it that because all my designs have very strong personalities, like me.

2. How did you first get started in your craft?
Over the last two years, my father had become very ill and I had become unemployed. We set up some yard sales and one of the things left over was a bag with old jewelry and beads. I wanted to make something beautiful and useful that I could wear, but I'm not really into jewelry. Then I came up with the headband idea. Soon I had 30 headbands, more than I could ever wear and I set up shop.

3. What inspires you?
The jewelry is the inspiration; I love all the old crazy designs. Back then everyone wore brooches and big clip earrings, so it's easy to get some wonderful pieces that just aren’t appreciated anymore. It's so much fun hunting around yard sales and thrift stores for things that I can use and inspire me. I love working with anything with sparkle and flair, silly and cute things too. I also love that I'm giving some really cool, old pieces new life and keep them out of the landfills. Almost all my supplies are used, given, recycled, old, broken or are in some way unwanted. I try to do my part and keep everything eco-friendly and upbeat.

4. What are your favorite color combinations?
I love doing my wedding headbands that have lots of ivory, gold and ecru but I also love contrasting strong colors with black and white.

5. What is your favorite item from your shop?
My favorite item in my shop is the one I haven't made yet

6. If you had to use three words to describe yourself, what would it be?
Intense, caring and funny

7. What superpower would you most like to have?
I would like to be able to grow taller when I need to so I could reach things on the high shelf at the supermarket.

8. What is the first thing you remember creating?
I have been creating things as long as I can remember. Some mediums I've worked in are: oil, watercolor, and acrylic painting, batiking, printing, drawing, pen and ink, color pencil, charcoal, architectural drawing and oil pastel, mixed media sculpture, and pottery. For crafts, I've tried: sewing, quilting, paper making, jewelry making, collage, cross stitching and mosaic. Basically anything I can get my hands on.

9. If you could choose any era/decade to live in, when would that be? Why?
I'd like to live in a small town in a time before plastic. Somewhere where I would know the butcher and the baker and candle stick maker and knoe where everything I owned came from.

10. Where can we find you? (website, blog, etc.)
Right now I'm just on etsy and I love it.
www.etsy.com/shop/Libunnyfoofoo

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin